Headhunters were once thought of as something only for executives. These days, recruiters also help fill administrative, financial, and accounting positions as well. This means you are more likely than ever to encounter a headhunter during your job search, but how do you know when you have found the right one? Here are some things that can assist you with finding a reputable San Diego headhunter.
Your relationship with a recruiter should be based on a feeling of mutual trust. Accordingly, you will want to know that your headhunter is reliable and has your best interests in mind. To get a good idea as to an individual’s reputation, you may want to ask a few questions such as:
- How much experience do you have in my industry?
- Do you specialize in a particular area of recruiting? If so, what is that area?
- Have you recently placed others with similar skills and experience as myself? If so, what were the results?
- Do you have companies in your network who are actively hiring in my line of work?
- If hired, who will pay your fee?
A headhunter should be willing to answer these questions without being annoyed by your asking. It may seem a little backwards to “interview” your recruiter; however, it is the first step toward building the type of relationship that is most likely to benefit you both.
Your recruiter should do more than just provide the right answers to your questions. For example, you will want to work with someone who is professional and has good communications skills. After all, the last thing you want is to be left hanging when you are trying to find out more information about a job.
The ideal headhunter will also be well groomed and dressed professionally. This is the person who will be dealing with other companies on your behalf, so it is important that he or she makes a good impression. You also can’t expect a recruiter to give you sound advice on how to dress or act during a job interview if that person does not have a professional demeanor.
Reviewing a Staffing Agency
It’s not enough just to learn a few things about your headhunter. You’ll need to know some information about the staffing agency he or she works for as well. This means you should do your homework, reviewing the company’s website and LinkedIn profile if available. While visiting a website, keep the following things in mind:
- Area of focus. Does the staffing firm specialize in your field or industry, or do they cast a very wide net. Remember that firms with more specialized experience are more likely to have the contacts you are looking for.
- Years of experience. How long has the staffing firm been in business? Are they familiar with the type of candidate most employers in your niche are looking for?
- Track record of success. Does the company has a longstanding record of success when it comes to placing candidates? How do they fare when compared to other similar-sized staffing firms?
Reputable Head Hunting Firm in San Diego, California
Here at San Diego Pro Staffing, we are a boutique staffing firm that specializes primarily in filling financial positions. As such, we have extensive industry knowledge as well as a vast network of professionals that we can tap into on your behalf. Put our hard working team to the test and allow them to help you secure the position you have been waiting on. Please contact us today to schedule an appointment with our recruiters and find out more about our job placement services.