Finding the right person for the job can be a tedious process. Are you having a difficult time recruiting strong candidates to your company? Here are five excellent tips for recruiting job candidates that are the right fit for the position and have the best potential for the long haul.
- Network smart to find qualified potentials. Connect with university job placement departments and executive recruiters. The best people for the job are often already working for another similar company or learning the ropes on a nearby college campus.
- Build your reputation as a great employer. When your current workers are bragging about how much they enjoy their employer, you’ll be attracting the best potential hires in no time.
- Create in-house opportunities for current employees and then let them help you find new hires. Is there untapped talent already in your hands? When promoting from within leaves you with an opening, let your workers give feedback on resumes, and assist you during interviews to offer a new perspective into the hiring process.
- Offering competitive pay packages employees something to talk about. Don’t let strong candidates slip into the hands of your competitor because of compensation. Offer top pay and a great benefits package then watch the best new hires line up for a shot to work for you.
- Hire smart, talented people who match the open position. You’ve heard before that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. For example, if you’re filling a customer service position you want to find someone who naturally has a knack for handling people. Be sure to pay attention to a person’s strengths and reputation when deciding on the right fit for a position.
When going through the hiring process it’s important to keep these tips for recruiting job candidates in mind so you can find the best match for the job opening. Tell your current employees about openings and encourage them to tap their networks. You can also spread the word through online job boards and on campus job fairs. Use your network to let top potential hires know about your opening.